Monday, April 22, 2013

First Handwritten Letter

We received our first hand-written letter from Elder Broulim in the MTC.  He said that he and his companion have been call to be the ZONE LEADERS!  The first of his letter said, "Curb drop-off=Not very fun! Although I think the old way would have been a lot worse!"  Richard mentioned that he was one of more than 500 elders/sisters to enter the MTC just that day!  (He said that they are the first group of missionaries to have more sisters than elders).  He said, "When we received our name badges and paperwork, we dropped our bags off and then went to a huge chapel kind of room.  There I was asked 'Are you feeling lucky today'--'Ah, ya'.  "Good, because you're saying the opening prayer--WELCOME TO THE MTC, ELDER BROULIM".  "After meeting our district and doing a few classroom things, we went to three different role-play discussions... In one room was a hispanic couple (like barely speaka no englisha).  During this the spirit was so strong.  I was jumping out of my chair answering questions.  This couple ended up being real investigators.  Super cool stuff. I pretty well rocked the lesson."  It sounds like he absolutely loves his companions.  He says many times that Elder Reali (Ree-al-ee) is the nicest/sweetest kid he has ever met.   He said, "So I love my last name...I have had seriously like 15 people come up to me and be like, 'do you have anything to do with the grocery store called Broulim's.  Ha ha I love it."  Richard again mentions that the chocolate milk is as good as they say and that the beds at the MTC are as bad as they say.  He feels the spirit very strong and mentions that the spirit is what is going to get him through.  We pray he will continue to have great experiences that will prepare him for the mission field and that he can feel the strength of the Lord every single day.  We love our missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment