Monday, June 10, 2013

fighting for the most amazing cause

I have had a good week fighting for the most amazing cause.  I have had such feelings and experiences that are nearly impossible to put into words.  The Lord is truly hastening the work here in El Paso.  He has called 2 other missionaries to join our area and ward.  This new transfer split our area into a north and south.  We are south.  We had to hand 75% of our investigators off to the new Elders/Sisters coming into our area including our 4 baptism dates.  It is really hard to hand them off.  If feels like I've been working really hard on a homework assignment for a month, and now giving it to someone to copy....It is really humbling and has made me realize that this isn't my work but the Lords.  We are fighting for one cause.  I am finding that success doesn't always happen in the form of baptisms, but in planting seeds for others as well as personal growth.  El Paso is a SAUNA!!!  I tell you every week that it is blazing HOT...but its kinda like the Brad Paisley song....Then.  I thought it was hot then.  I constantly have beads of sweat running down my face.  Elder Taylor and I huddle next to the air vent every chance we get!  Warm air is better than Nothing!!

My knowledge, testimony and love for the Book of Mormon has grown so much.  I've truly seen that the BoM combined with the spirit, is the most powerful resource in conversion.  The conversion of others, but I've seen so much personal conversion as I've fully read the "most correct of any book on earth".  I am reading in Alma on my second way through.  I love reading about all the examples of missionary work found in Alma.  First, In chapter 8 Alma is teaching and baptizing the people in Melek.  Then heads to Ammonihah.  The people of Ammonihah were very wicked and rejected Alma so he left.  When Alma left an angel visited him commanding him to return to Ammonihah.  Alma did so speedily.  He was obedient and God prepared a way.  I love reading about Ammon in Chapters 17, 18, 19.  He was an awesome missionary!  He protects the Nephites by building walls of protection...fortifications.  He is always preparing.  We can learn a lot from these missionaries.  They are always prepared, and are always lead by the spirit.  We can be powerful examples like them, we need to always be worthy and in tune with the spirit.  The spirit is the most important thing to have in our lives and in our home.  At times life feels like a tightrope...but as we nourish ourselves with daily doses of spiritual experiences the spirit will lead and guide us.  The spirit is a powerful influence that Satan can NOT duplicate.  Satan can not get to us personally or our family if the spirit is present.  I want everyone to have more spiritual experiences.  Pray for the spirit.  Bear your testimonies as often as possible.  Let the spirit lead and guide you.  We will kick Satan and his temptations butt if we carry the spirit with us!  Do the little things to be more in tune.  Our purpose in life is to experience happiness by loving one another and being a strong unit as a family.  The spirit will strengthen and bond relationships, that is why it is so important to have a strong spirit at home.

I wish I could share a little HEAT with you!  I would truly be happy to!  I love you all so much!

Elder Broulim

No comments:

Post a Comment