Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekly Update and Picts


                                               Elder B, Sister Butterfield, Elder T
                                                    Elder T, Elder B, and Jose Montoya


6-1-13
Pday was a great day!  I am going to have the best attitude of gratitude this week!  Even in the most difficult times, we can find much to be grateful for!  My haircut is a sad story...I'm not sure if it is because one of my ears is completely different then the other...but the lady forgot to cut one of my sideburns!  Elder Taylor had to cut it for me tonight...after a full day of having one burn longer than the other.  HA.  We had a great lesson with the Rogers' tonight.  Sister Rogers is a member but her husband isn't.  If you talked to him, you would think he could be a General Authority.  Weird situation but it was a great lesson.

6-4-13
Too blessed to be stressed!  I'm trying harder and harder to make the best of every day.  The days really feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days.  We did a lot of studies today.  I read a lot about the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I love this, "This gift is a foretast of eternal joy and a promise of eternal life."  The HG is the most precious gift I've ever received.  Tonight we taught Dora Martinez a long 2 hour lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Such an amazing lesson.  The spirit is always so strong when we teach her.  She told us that she loved church on Sunday.  We talked a lot about baptism...We set a date for the 22nd of June.  Her main concern is leaving the Methodist church.  She has been a strong member for most of her life.  We feel very confident about her!

6-5-13

Had a busy day today.  Visited a lot of less actives and investigators this morning.  The priority was Christopher Jones.  He is in his 30s, works for a filming company.  His mom is less active and recently gave Chris a quad.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation...last but not least...SET A BAPTISM DATE!  We are shooting for the 29th of June.

6-6-13

We had apartment inspections this morning.  I felt bad for the inspectors!  We had this place as clean as we possibly could..and we still didn't pass.  I wasn't surprised, our apartment checked out to be "unsafe".  BUT we received amazing new that we will be moving to a different apartment beginning next month!  This means we will have a working toilet, working dishwasher, and might be able to breathe!  I'm really excited...sometimes I think we have to start in the telestial kingdom and work our way up!  Tracting was good and HOT today!  The last door we knocked opened and slammed shut, hard!!  We turned around to meet an older lady named Celieo.  She looked at us and said, "Keep your heads up, brush off your shoulders, and move to the next house!"  I thought that was pretty cool.  She asked us who we are and why the he** we aren't married, and why we are wearing suits in this weather?!  She had a lot of respect for us after we gave her the low down.  She said, "I sure feel bad for the girl having to wait for two years, but she is lucky to have an angel of the Lord."  Ha. I loved it.  She was very religious in a different faith.  We hope to visit with her again soon.  Well,  some good news and some bad news....we have 3 baptism dates....here's the bad...Marcus and Dora dropped us today.  They have been taught by missionaries for over a year now.  We got them to come to church and they said its not for them and to not come back.  Pretty sad.  Had dinner with the Gonzalez family--I love them so much!

6-7-13
The day started off a little slow.  We had zone training.  After we had a lunch appointment with Jose Montaya.  I look forward to this all week.  It was super good as always.  I love being in his home, I feel so peaceful.  Between lunch and dinner we tried to visit a lot of investigators and less actives but we weren't very successful.  We had a dinner appointment with Sister Snyder.  She invited an interested friend to come over to be taught, named Judy.  Bother of their husbands are deployed.  We had a super sweet restoration lesson with them.  I invited her to baptism and she said YES!  I hope she follows through.  Sister Snyder's family is from South Jordan, Utah.  The spirit was really strong during the lesson.  Judy wants to raise her kids the right way.  I always testify of the happiness and blessings that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to my amazing family.  Right after dinner, we had an appointment to teach Chris and Amanda Martin.  Remember, Amanda is a less active and we are teaching her husband, Chris.  Chris is progressing awesome!  We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ---so faith, repentance, baptism, HG, endure.  It was awesome!  Ha ha...we told Chris that we want to set a day for him to be baptized.  We said, how about July 6th?  He said, why not sooner?  Music to our ears!  We set a date for the 29th of June.  The 3rd baptism date this week!  Sweet sweet.  The day started off slow and ended up being great!

6-8-13
What a day!  The Lord has a lot in store for Elder Taylor and I.  We are really struggling tonight...I will tell you why in a bit.  We taught Alecia and Ruth this morning, the lesson went well and we are hoping to see them at church in the morning.  We taught a less active named Kayla.  We had an interesting dinner appointment tonight with the Hernandez family...the food was amazing, steak!  The topi of conversation was how they met on ldssingles.com and all about their online experiences.  They met online a couple of years ago, in their 40s.  Bro Hernandez reminded me of Brad Paisley's song, "so much cooler on line".  He was pretty proud of all the girls he dated on line!  tonight we taught the Nigros and watched some Mormon Messages with them.  We received our transfer news tonight...tomorrow is the end of the transfer.  This brought some hurt feelings.  We found out that we are staying ut that our area is being split.  It will now be the 11th ward north and south.  We are South....75% of our investigators are in the north part..INCLUDING not one, but all 4 of our investigators with baptism dates.  We lose them to other missionaries.  We have worked so hard to teach them.  I've really grown close to them...they are the only people I really know.  It's really hard.  But I guess the Lord has different plans for us.  Lucky new missionaries get 4 baptisms right off.  Its really hard for me, I've been looking forward to them.  I'll still be able to be at the baptisms hopefully.

"Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday!"

6-9-13
Church was awesome!  I am growing close to alot of people and love them.  Elder Taylor and I got to teach the gosple principles class with no notice...nothing new, piece of cake!  I was standing by the door at church welcoming people when a girl named, Maureah (Raymond) that I went to school with came walking up to me with her newish husband!  They just moved into the ward.  She is one of Mandi's best friends.  Her husband is pretty tight.  Such a small world!  Lunch at the Butterfield's was BOMB!  I love them!  I met a guy from Afton Wyoming that has been to our stores!!  He is a big hunter so we exchanged a few stories and photos!  He knows a lot of places that I snowmobile...It was awesome to talk with him.  Today was the last day of transfer, so starting a new planner tomorrow!  We should be meeting the new Elders/Sisters that will be joining our ward tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment