Monday, June 10, 2013

Open My Aperture, Aim High, and Carry On

I have had a really successful week as far as missionary work goes!  We worked really hard!  We taught A LOT of lessons and stayed really busy.  It is very important to have members working along side us with our investigators.  They can fellowship the investigator and make them feel welcome.  We have the smallest ward in the area but the members are really good to work with us.  I'd love to encourage G-money (Garrett) and dad to get out with the local missionaries.  We have done a lot of splits this week.  All the hard work paid off.  We had 5 investigators at church yesterday....Dora Martinez, Dora and Marcus Duval and their son, Adrian, as well as Chris Martin.  Both Dora's seemed to love church.  The other three didn't have much to say about it.  I hope we can keep them coming and progressing  We had a very very good lesson with Ruth and Alecia earlier this week, we were hoping to get them to church but hopefully next week.  We have seen many miracles this week.  We have been blessed and I've truly felt the spirti guide us to those that stand in need.  The feeling I get from helping people in their darkest moments is amazing.  I know that Heavenly Father works through us...that the things I say aren't from me but from God.

Hey GB, just want you to know that my jumper is beautiful...my 3 baller is cash...my dunks aren't bad...hope you're practicing.  Coach Jones is GOOD...buuuuut I'm on the Lord's team...no keeping up.

Earlier this week we had zone conference.  It was Pres. and Sister Miller's last before the new mission presidents.  They shared a lot of uplifting and inspiring things during conference.  The main topic was being happy and having a positive attitude.  Exactly what I've been needing.  The El Paso Stake President talked first and talked about how we always have to be converting ourselves.  Yes, we became a member when we were baptized but we have to keep progressing and keep converting ourselves daily.  We can do this by reading the scriptures and praying everyday....it will keep the devil away.

Sis Miller gave a great talk. The two main points were "Aim High and Carry On".  We need to aim high and reach our full potential.  We need to Carry on and sink our roots deep and have a firm foundation.  (Helaman 5:12)

President Miller spoke about being successful.  "You can plan the future, if you will open your aperture it will let more light in.  This is how we will be more successful."  We need to open our aperture and allow change.  I am trying harder and harder everyday to allow this change, it isn't easy.  I know that Heavenly Father knows my potential and he is pushing me.  He is trying to shape me into the man that I am destined to be!  Whether I like it or not, I have to allow this change and I have to be flexible.  He also talked about eternal families.  I understand the plan of salvation better than ever.  I know that I have to open my aperture so the Lord can shape me into the best husband and father for my eternal companion someday!

Everything in this gospel begins with faith.  As it says in Alma 32 we have to exercise a particle of faith.  When we plant a seed, we have to nourish it.  We have to nourish our faith by feeding it with the little things...prayer, studying the word, and going to church.  As we do this our faith will grow.  I have seen my faith grow.  We all need to have the faith like Nephi did all throughout first Nephi and not doubt like his brothers did.  It seems impossible at times, but I have faith that I will be able to open my aperture, Aim High, and Carry On.

I want everyone to learn to love the Savior more than anything else.  If it doesn't seem easy, study the Atonement.  Have Faith.  I know that Christ lives and that he performed the Perfect Atonement.  He is my brother and knows every fear and pain that I have.  I know this is God's kingdom here on earth and we are all here to build it and strengthen it.  I know that  FAMILIES are the most important unit in the gospel.  I know that we can be together forever.

Elder B

"The hardest trials you face, will be the greatest blessings you receive."

"When feeling overwhelmed by a far away goal, repeat the following:  I HAVE IT WITHIN ME RIGHT NOW, TO GET ME WHERE I WANT TO BE LATER!"

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you throught it."

                                   Some Personal Study Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment