Saturday, July 6, 2013

First Baptism, New Mission President, AND SURGERY


HAPPY 4th of July!
How is everyone? I hope you are all having an awesome summer and are staying cool! I miss you and love you! Im so glad I get to email you today, It feels like its been forever.

It has been a long week and a half I must say. This week consisted of lots of Doctors appointments and not too much missionary work unfortunately. My surgery went well and I am slowly but surely recovering. I had 2 cysts removed, one in the middle of my back on the left and one on the lower right. It has been painful but everyday gets a little better! I know that we are tested and tried in this life to see if we will exersize our agency to follow Christ or satan. Satan has been working hard to get me down. He knows my potential and ability to hasten this work and kick butt out here, he wants me to give up and go home. One thing he doesn’t know is that I get knocked down, but ill get up again..and again. I can identify with joseph smith and the book of mormon a little bit now. Although my trials are hard, there is always someone who has it harder. I've been reading a lot in Alma. Alma 34 talks about having patience and hope in afflictions. Sometimes we have to do more than just read and tell the stories in the book of mormon, we have to live them. Along with Alma, D&C 122:7-8 have been scriptures that have given me lots of hope and comfort.  Sometimes we don’t know why things happen the way they do, but we do know enough--Enough to keep the commandments and do what is right. This has been hard for me, but if I can get through this, I can do anything.  With all my down time, I have spent a lot of time watching mormon messages. They are packed with the spirit and we can learn something from each one! I've also done a lot of pondering about my life. I am so grateful for the way things are going, but I have so much to learn and so many adjustments to make personally.

Chris’s baptism was awesome and was so rewarding. It was amazing to see him enter the waters of baptism to make covanents with Heavenly Father. I got to confirm him a member the next day in sacrament mtg. I was a bit nervous but the blessing was complete revelation and the spirit was so strong! It is amazing to see how the priesthood works!

The new President and Sister Miller hit the ground running this week! The new President Miller is an answer to my prayers. Tuesday night after the surgery, I was really struggling with lots of pain. I was praying for help and relief when the phone rang. I answered it and found the new president Miller on the other end.. “wow, finally I get to hear the famous Elder Broulims voice! I love you elder and can't wait to meet you!  I've heard so much about you!” He went on to tell me about how his sister in law own’s Lee’s markets and told him all about me and my family! It was an answer to my prayer that night and for my whole mission. He showed me both the humor and love that I needed! He knew that I wasn’t planning on making the 2 hour car ride to meet him that next day in Las Cruses but he told me to pray about it and that he really wanted to meet me. I layed in the back of the car for the miserable ride and made it to Las Cruses! After President and Sister Miller spoke to us on Wednesday, President Miller pulled me aside and I got the only personal interview from him for the day! We found so much in common and we found some things to laugh about. He is such a blessing to this mission! He has the ability to do so much with this work. I am excited to serve him and serve with him.

Thank you so much for all the support and love through not only letters and cards, but through prayers and fasts. I can truly feel them. It is hard being cooped up in the apartment all day but I know this is all part of the plan. I know that you would all be by my side if I was home, but wouldn’t want me there in the first place!  I want everyone to have the best 4th of July and light a sparkler for me and dance like crazy! Play some Lee Greenwood and Katy Perry Firework in the boat loud enough that I can hear it! Most of all, have so much fun and remember that simply being together is the happiest and most fun you can have!    

I know this church is true and these challenges will be but a small moment! I love you all! Happy 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment