Monday, July 15, 2013

Ray's Baptism....no slips or cannonballs!

Elder Broulim     Ray     Elder Taylor

El Paso is HOT as always!  It has seemed 20X hotter this past week because it has been really humid.  I am soaking wet with sweat 24-7....who said I wouldn't be able to go swimming on my mission! jk.  It has been a great week!  We have worked harder than ever trying to make up for our down time last week!  The teaching poll for our new area is growing and we are seeing some progress!  We taught 23 lessons this last week and had a baptism Saturday night!  We are teaching a little more than half the lessons we used to teach before the split but it is a good start!  It has felt great to get back into the missionary work!

I went on exchanges with Elder Jensen on Wednesday.  It was awesome!  Elder Jensen is my district leader and is from good ole Boise Idaho!  he has been out for like 10 months I believe.  He played ball for a community college before the mish and is really good!  He knows Kamen from playing Idaho Select.  We found a lot in common and had a good time together.  I learned so much from him that I will be able to apply to my everyday teaching.  I also taught him a thing or two...(smile)

Ray's baptism has been a long process but finally happened Saturday night!  We weren't quite sure if it was going to happen until the night before!  Elder Jensen and I gave Ray his baptism interview on Wednesday and he DIDN'T pass with flying colors!  We had to touch up on a few things and help him to understand the word of wisdom and tithing a little better!  Once we set all that straight, he was more than ready!  Saturday was a special day!  The baptism went great and there were no slips or cannon balls ha.  I was given the opportunity to give the talk on the Holy Ghost.  It all went great!  Sunday was so amazing when Ray took the next step and received the Holy Ghost!  Ray is FINALLY a member of the TRUE church!

Something that I have enjoyed studying this week was the topic of Revelation.  The Lord leads and guides the church through revelation given to the prophet as well as to his children here on earth.  Each of us receive revelation daily!  According to our faith we can receive revelation to help us with anything!  We need to be prepared to receive revelation that comes through the Holy Ghost!  Pray to have it and it will be given to you (Matthew 7:7-8).  Random, I know, but we live off of revelation in the mission field!

I think the move to our new apartment has thrown the mail off!  I'm still looking forward to those caramel apples!  Take Care and know that I am working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment