Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Apartment!....AND... I'm finally doing better!

Saturday, July 6th email: It is so good to hear from you. I have had a very hard week but am doing so much better. I got really sick after surgery and haven't been able to keep anything down. I had very bad pains in my stomach last night and blood in my stool. Sis miller sent me to the ER to be treated. I have a virus that I don't remember the name of. I also don't remember the name of some organ in my stomach that Is very swollen and is causing the pain. I have some new pain medication that will take care of the problem. We moved to apt 12-I this morning. It is a huge relief being able to flush the toilet!! I also got to take a good shower for the first in a while. I am counting my many blessings. Elder Taylor, Mongeli and Mower stayed with me all night and we played cards.  It was really fun and much needed.  I have had 2 IVs this week. I have been really scared but so grateful.  

New Address:
Elder Richard Broulim
1530 George Dieter Drive #12-I  (used to be 12-J)
El Paso  TX  79936-7619


Journal from Monday email:
7-6-13~ Great day.  We moved into our new apartment, 12-I.  It has the same layout as 12-J, but is so much nicer!  It is cooled by a swamp cooler, and works much better!  I guess it is pretty nice to have a working toilet too!!  Tonight we had a surprise visit from President and Sister Miller at our apartment.  They stopped by to check on me and to say a prayer with us.  They have the "greeny fire" that this mission needed!  They are in El Paso for the weekend to do interviews with all the southern missionaries.  My interview should be Monday morning.

7-7-13~I always look forward to Fast Sundays.  I have had some of the most spiritual fast Sundays in my small El Paso 11th ward.  Each time I get to share my testimony it is strengthened!  It is also strengthened by the other testimonies that are shared.  I bore my testimony about different trials and afflictions we face in this life.  I shared some deep doctrine about how this life is preparing us for the next life!  We were able to get Keith to church today with Jake and Mary!  It went good.  Sunday is always a special day!

Monday, July 9 email:
It is so good to hear from you and even better to hear your voices! The voice recording worked great, it just took a long time to load! I have been recording and will send it soon! We had interviews with the new President and Sister Miller this morning ! We don't have much time to email today! WOW.. I cant believe all of my friends that are getting married! Is Brenan marrying Allison Taylor? Clint and Hailey surprised me the most! I'm happy for Abby and Kinze...Congrats to them all!

I'm feeling a lot better today and the meds have helped me to keep some food down! It is all looking up from here! My interview with president went great and I am loving having him around! He visited us at our new apartment Saturday night and shows us so much love! I am excited to get back to the missionary schedule and get busy working again. President challenged me to speak with at least 15 new people each day and not to walk past anyone! This shouldn't be too hard for me! Working in the store has made me a lot better at talking with people! One thing president stressed is talking with people and not to people!

So good to hear about the cabin! It sounds like it was such a fun time! I'm glad you guys played the music loud for me! the 4th is my favorite time of the year up at the cabin! The cabin is just my all around favorite! I love the banner and picture you sent! I CANT BELIEVE HOW GREEN IT IS! it looks fake ha.  Tell Spenc to kill it in the mission field.. I know he will be the best!  I hope you all have a good week! I love you and miss you and want to make you proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment